Monday, March 22, 2010

Looking for Spring

"Spring is Here!" At least that is what I posted last week. Since then, we had another short bout with snow. Only a little here but 5-8 inches 25 miles away over on the other side of the ridge. Strange huh!

It is so nice outside today that I decided to take a walk around the yard looking for signs of spring.


Not sure what these are. They were planted here when we moved here. I'll have to pay closer attention this year when/if they bloom.


Wild onions. They seem to grow everywhere.


Moss grows almost anywhere here also. It is a wooded area and stays damp, even in the gravel.


Lots of pine saplings growing naturally. I'm not sure what we'll do with these.


That is actually a tadpole in the pond. Cool, huh! You may be able to click on the picture to enlarge.


Lots of greenery but only a couple of flowers. Hopefully, there's more to come.


The trees are budding.


The buzzards are flying over.

Lots of signs that spring is on it's way.

Take care and God Bless!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

It was a rough winter, and I am so glad spring is here! I hope to get out with my camera this week too. Things will be blooming soon.
Have a good week. :)

Sonny G said...

Nature sure has a way of renewing itself.. Hurry up spring we've all had a tough winter..

Related Posts with Thumbnails