Sunday, January 24, 2010

Metamorphosis Monday



Years ago I sold Home Interiors and Gifts. It was a great way to make extra money while I stayed at home with my children when they were small. I also had the opportunity to purchase my showcase materials at 40% off the normal price.




This is a tree that I made during that time.  I know, some say you are not supposed to use artificial plants in your home. But I am allergic to dust mites and am not supposed to have live plants in my home.

The artificial bushes used were sold by Home Interiors. Over the years, they have been washed ump teen times and have shed many leaves. So I decided to purchase some new greenery and add a little color while I was at it.



Now I have to be on the look out for a new planter to sit it in. I'm not sure how I got the white paint on my terra cotta pot. You know, I guess I could always paint it.

I was planning to use it in my living room when I purchased the flowers, but I still have red/burgandy curtains up in there so I put it in my bedroom for awhile.





 Hey, I could hide the paint with a figurine.



That solves the problem until I get new living room curtains and decide what type of planter I want to put it in. 

Anyone have any suggestions for a planter?

Be sure to stop by Between Naps on the Porch to see other great makeovers.

Take care and God Bless!

4 comments:

Gayle said...

That's quite charming, and fits perfectly in that little corner. :-)

Nancy said...

You could just paint that one. But, I think a larger one would be great and I would definitely get it at a garage/rummage sale and then...paint it! It looks great in that corner, too.

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

I vote for painting the existing one! That way it will be exactly the way you want it. :-)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love what you did girl with the tree...I have one and was getting ready to toss it out now you gave me a great idea...Hope all is well you you my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Related Posts with Thumbnails