Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to Work

Well we woke up yesterday morning with a smidgen of snow. Not enough to even cover the grass, but enough to keep us from having school.  We have massive bus routes going over mostly dirt back roads.




I spent the day quilting on my "Orange Crush" quilt. Pictures will be coming soon. All I need is the binding. I also had lunch with a friend I worked with for 10 years until I changed schools this past year.  It was great catching up.



See the touch of red still. That is called "too cold" to go outdoors and take down the decorations. I told my husband to unplug the outside lights and we will worry with taking them down later.  



Isn't this a beautiful sight. It looks like quite a bit of snow, but it is just our driveway. If you look beyond the pond, you will see the grass.







What, more red? This is actually nature. It is a bush in my back yard scattered with snow.


Well, it's off to work for me. At least for a couple of days. They are calling for more snow here on Wednesday evening so if it really makes it here, we probably won't have school on Thursday.

I thank God for warmth and the wood we are having delivered today. There's nothing better for keeping warm than wood heat. 



Until later . . . 


Take care and God Bless.

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog. I live in MO and we have a Pine Ridge here so the name of your blog caught my eye. We are suffering from some of the coldest weather we've had in over a decade. More snow is supposed to come tomorrow. It was very nice to meet you! Have a great week! Twyla

Rettabug said...

I love your pretty views & your header, Vivian! I will spend some time brousing your archives as well.
Thanks for stopping by The Gazebo House & feel free to visit anytime. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails