Sunday, January 10, 2010

Metamorphosis Monday



I am participating in Susan's Metamorphosis Monday.

I am slowly putting my Christmas decorations away but using my snowmen a winter decorations. When I took down the Christmas tree I was left with an empty wall at the top of my stairway.  Hmmm. What to put there?

My husband was cleaning out our garage to make room for his new tool chest that Santa brought him. We had an old dresser that he was using for tools (he wanted it moved) so I asked him to clean it out and bring it into the house.  It now has a place of distinction at the top of the stairs. Next problem, how to dress it up.

Here is the before.



Here is the after.











It is suppose to warm up this week. I hope all of you have stayed warm during this Arctic blast the last couple of weeks. We lost the local movie theater last weekend due to fire and this weekend a family lost their home. It is my prayer that everyone is safe and warm in their homes.


Be sure to drop by and see all of the wonderful posts for Metamorphosis Monday.  Every week I get so many great ideas. Now, if only people would throw away their trash so I can make it into my treasures.



See you tomorrow . . .


Take care and God Bless.
















8 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Now that is a big difference! I bet hubby loves his new tool chest, and I bet you love the old one in its new home. It's lovely!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love this dresser girl...of course if its old I adore it ha ha!! Looks wonderful what you did with it....hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Martha said...

What a great treasure -- if it was in my DH's garage -- it would have been inside before now! A great piece!

Stella said...

Your dresser looks great at the top of the stairs. Of course if it old I love to see it have a new life. Nice job of making pretty on top too. Thanks for stopping by to visit me.

Blondie's Journal said...

I love how you used that dresser in that space. Dressers tend to look like sideboards to me. And you really did dress it up nicely. I love the snowmen and the dishes are fabulous!

Stay warm, Vivian!! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Jen C. said...

Great dresser with a wonderul patina. Decorating for winter afetr Christmas can be tricky, but you have pulled it off with flair!

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

I love old dressers. I like how you have decorated it. As far as the weather goes I am freezing as I type. I am warm when we have the fires going, but my hubby went to bed and I asked him to turn it off because I nearly caused an explosion the other day! I shut the gas logs off and left the pilot on but somehow it wasn't turned to the correct setting and gas was leaking. Somehow I had done something that was not supposed to be possible (I am like "I love Lucy"--I can do the strangest things!!). Thankfully we realized it quite bit later when we started to smell something funny. It took us a while to realize it was the gas leaking!! I am so thankful we realized it in time. But now if I want to shut it off I turn it completely off. My hubby likes the pilot going so he can turn it on fast in the morning since he gets up very early. So my lap top is warming me some , but my feet get cold! I can't wait till it gets about 10 degrees warmer ;-)

Marigene said...

Lovely old chest, it is perfect for that spot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails