Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tour of My Home--Part 2

Hello again!


I'm so excited to show you my formal living room. I planned to show you my dining room also, but I was afraid all it would cause picture overload. We just recently took out all of the carpet and put in laminate wood flooring. I think it is beautiful and the room looks so much bigger and cleaner. A big shout out to my husband, Mr. Paramedic, for the hard work and determination it took to accomplish this big job. Soooo, with no further ado, here it is.





This is our main Christmas tree. It is filled with ornaments that have been made by the children as they were growing up, friends, or myself. Other ornaments have been given to me.





Santa and his Elf are hard at work on the ladder making sure the ornaments are all in place.





Our room is narrow with very tall ceilings. I tried to get a picture of the total fireplace but that was impossible. So here is the hearth and mantle. The ceiling is about 15 feet up there. Too high for me.





This is my collection of Christmas denim days from the years that I sold Home Interiors and Gifts. I haven't purchased any in the last 4 or 5 years, which is good because my China Cabinet is full. Thank you Dad for making the China Cabinet for me. (This was one of the first pieces he made for me.) I'll show more of my denim days after the Christmas holidays.





This is one of my favorite displays. The bears belong to my children. I don't think they realize the bears are theirs so maybe they won't take them when they move out. The chair the bear sits on is an antique from Mr. Paramedic's grandmother. It is actually an old wooden foldup chair. Perfect for my Christmas bears.





These deer sit on one side of the fireplace hearth. They are also from my Home Interiors days.





The gold/brown lamp in the background is also from Mr. Paramedic's grandmother. I used to think it was the ugliest thing. Now, I wish I had another one to make a pair. It goes great with the new furniture in my living room.





The picture is from Isaiah 41:10.





This is the vignette on my coffeetable. The two Santa heads are actually ornaments but they get lost in the other ornaments if I put them on the tree. So here they are.





A closeup of one of he Santa ornaments.


 


This Santa sits crosslegged by a watering can filled with poinsettas. I think he is waiting for someone to read to him from the Christmas book that sits beside him.





This is my favorite tabletop display. I think it is the red and white striped candles that set it off.  The book you see is a Christmas quilt book. I would love to have the months of November and December off to sit and sew Christmas quilts, wall hangings, and table runners.





I think this is really one of Santa's elves spying on me to make sure I am being nice to Mr. Paramedic.





These star Santas are peering out at me from an old wooden tool box. I think this came from one of our grandparent's houses. I'm just not sure which one.



Well, I think that is it for today. Thank you for taking the time to visit with me. Please stop by again. The dining room will be the next post.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails