Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tour of My Home -- The Kitchen

Greetings everyone!

We spent a few months this year revamping our kitchen. I hope to find the before pictures so I can show you the difference some TLC makes and participate in Metamorphosis Monday. Right now I am focusing on Christmas decorations. After the holidays, I'll do a tour of our home showing the whole rooms--not just Christmas decorations.  Hope you enjoy and tell others about my Christmas Home Tour.




























Crafting Hint:  Those of you that have an old worn out chenille bedspread, don't throw them away. You can make them into pillows . . .  or even a Santa.









This snowman was made from white felt and an old wool skirt I cut up. I added a purchased $1 stocking cap and a broom and waalaaa a 2 ft. snowman.





I think these two are in love. Aren't they cute. 





This ice bucket was a gift from the Musuem Board for hosting the "Tour of Homes".  I was not all expecting anything, but I appreciated it. 











Remember, I said I try to put a Nativity in each room. Here is the kitchen Nativity that sits in the window sill.








The body of this Santa is wood. The quilt the clothes are made of is part of an old quilt from Mr. Paramedic's grandma (it was falling apart). Every two or three years, I trade out the greenery and add different accessories. It is one of my favorite pieces. Hmmm . . . I think next year I may add some fur.












This Santa is also made from an old quilt that was in the family. Notice the red Chenille gloves Santa is wearing. 





I made a Santa like this for my son's third grade teacher and she hung it up in the classroom and told the children Santa was watching them. Sure enough, he is hanging out high in the kitchen watching our every move. 


I hope you enjoyed my Christmas decor. Thanks for stopping by and please come back again.



Take care and God Bless.

2 comments:

grandmarockton said...

VERY NICE! looks to be a beautiful kitchen!

Love Of Quilts said...

I enjoyed your Christmas decor it is very nice ,looking forward to your house tour.

Related Posts with Thumbnails