Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday!!!!  Thirteen more school days for me. My college kids are already out for the summer. 

But . . .

Both of my children are having their wisdom teeth taken out today. My son has his last 2 coming out and my daughter all 4. I pray that they heal quickly and have to endure very little pain.

We took the cover off of the pool this weekend. Yuck!!!!!

We put the pool in 4 years ago but this was the first winter we covered it. Usually, we just let it uncovered and run the filter when the temps are below 32 degrees. But then we have to also add chemicals as needed to keep it clear. We thought we would save electricity and chemical costs if we covered it.

I really thought that the water would be clear and algae would be on the bottom and easy to vacuum up. That is what a lot of people tell me theirs looks like when they uncover.

Not us. . .

Ours looked like nasty, green pond water. Our pool cover is made of a mesh material that lets water run through it. We had a lot of rain and snow all winter and then lots of pollen that apparently went through the top with the rain. So we dumped a ton of pool shock in it and Larry will take a water sample in tomorrow to see what else we need to do to get it ready for swimming. It will probably be too cold for a few more weeks anyway.


This picture was actually about 3 hours after we added shock. So, it doesn't look near as bad as it did.

Take Care and God Bless!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Vivian, Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I hardly consider my self an artist... I can pretty much copy anything.... :)

I'm sorry about your pool but I'm sure that it will be pretty and clear soon.

Hope the kids do okay with the wisdom teeth! I'm 47 and have all 4.... The Dentist comments on it every time I go ... Like he has never seen that before. :)

~Liz

Related Posts with Thumbnails