Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall Mantle

Last January when I was taking my winter decorations down, I just couldn't give up seeing my white glazed 3 piece nativity. So I decided to leave it out all year with the intentions of moving it to a different spot in the house every couple of months.

I did leave it out, but it has stayed on my mantle all year. I just changed the flowers and other accessories as the seasons changed.








The nativity has served its purpose which was to get me to slow down and think about my life and be thankful. I do believe I it may have earned a permanent place in my living room.

I'm linking with Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Thursday. Be sure to drop by there.

Take care and God Bless!

2 comments:

Chicken Wrangler said...

A neat idea! I remember one year, long ago, that every day seemed like Christmas - not gifts and ribbons and prizes, but the things that "matter" - helping a friend, meeting a NEW friend, and receiving unexpected notes in the mail - it was a miracle each day - those little things that count.

Journey said...

Very pretty! Decorating with new ideas always brings a smile. And so much easier to move than the furniture!!

Happy Thursday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails