Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cruise Part 2

Let's see. What to show and tell today?

Things to do!


This place was always too crowded for me. And it was really hot. I usually checked out the shady, cool areas.


If I knew how to play chess, I would have. This was in a cool, shady area. I really need to find where I can purchase these chess pieces. We have a concrete chess board in our back yard.


Now, I do love to play putt putt golf. I'm not sure why I didn't take time to play. This small course was on the top and front of the boat. And oh my, it was very windy. Some days, I could hardly stand up.


Food was available 24 hours a day. This is the formal dining room. Although we only had to dress formally on one evening. There were 4 or 5 different buffet areas on the Liddo deck. Breakfast was served from 6:30 to 11:00. You could get traditional breakfast foods, pastries, or omelets.

Then you could get burgers, hot dogs, chicken strips, etc. from one line. Another line had fish, some type of chicken or beef. It was more of an American food line with steamed veggies, diced potatoes, etc. A pizza line was open 24 hours a day. The kids like it. I had one piece and was not overly impressed. There were too many other things to choose from.

Another line had a Mongolian buffet. You took a bowl and added the veggies you wanted, handed your bowl to the chef, and he cooked it in a WOK. You had a choice of shrimp, chicken, or beef, or you could get a combo. There was also a choice of three sauces. I cannot believe that I didn't discover this buffet until the last day. Otherwise, it would have been my daily choice. I should have known whatever was served there was great because it always had long lines.

There was also a salad line daily. And the kids favorite. Ice cream. All day, every day. You could even call room service for ice cream. What more could you ask for?

During our formal dinner, each night at 6 pm, we sat with the same family each night and had the same wait staff. Each evening we chose whatever we wanted from a menu. We usually chose an appetizer, from a choice of 6-8 items and a main entree, from a choice of 8-10 items. Although, you could choose as many of each as you wanted. Then when we were finished with the meal, they brought out a dessert menu. Here again, we had a choice of 5 or 6 desserts. Here is my favorite.


The melting pot cake. Oh my gosh. It was so very rich that I could not eat it all. And the serving was not that big.


This was probably one of my favorite meals. Lobster and shrimp served with broccoli and potatoes. Yummy!

Thanks to Kelsey, I could do a whole post on food. She was the food photographer. But, I am too lazy to start over. So, I'll continue on food and things to do tomorrow.

It's getting late so I'm going to put in a movie and work on some applique for a bit. Until tomorrow . . .

Take care and God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food is my favorite topic right after quilting, LOL. Looks yummy to me!

You have a concrete chessboard in your yard? PICTURE!!~!!! This I have to see! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails