Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Again and Outdoor Wednesday

Larry and I just returned from a short trip to north central Arkansas. I had a teacher's workshop in Searcy and then we traveled to Mountain Home for a little rest and relaxation. We stayed here . . .


It was a great little park with a chance to go canoeing and kayaking, rent boats for trout fishing, or even have a guided fishing trip. We set up our RV in this area.


It was an open field backed by a row of trees and the Buffalo River. It was pretty hot during our stay so we didn't sit and enjoy the outdoors as much as we usually do. But, when we walked down the path to this little area . . .


It was like someone turned on the air conditioner. When you reached a certain point going down the path, a fresh really cool air hit you in the face and it was noticeably cooler. You could feel the cold air off of the river. Then when a cool breeze blew, it actually got chilly. For me, that is. I think all of the fishermen thought they were in heaven.


The river was flowing like this the whole time we were there.


The fog rolled in all hours of the day depending on the rain showers we had.



There were railroad tracks about 100 yards away. Imagine waking up to a very loud noise and not having a clue what was going on. We had crossed the tracks to get to the resort but figured they were probably not used any longer. We definitely found out they were--a couple times each night.

Very little cell phone coverage. I could walk out about 50 yards into the open field and text my kids. But, I couldn't call out. Although, I could get their texts inside the RV. The last night we were there, it poured off and on all night. I mean poured. We had a 5 gallon bucket sitting outside and when we got up, it was almost half full. From just one night of rain. But it cleared off and we were able to pack up and be on our way as planned.

It was a great place to stay. Although, it was hard not being able to keep up with the kids and having that little thought that if they had an emergency, they may not be able to get in touch with us.

I think Larry really enjoyed the tranquility of it all.


What a life!!!!

Take care and God Bless.

7 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh girl I love this...I would enjoy not having my kids find me for a day ha ha!! I lived many a year without a cell phone and still only use mine in the car and I never text anyone ha ha!!
I hope all is well in your world today my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

http://nannykim-nannykim.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the fog picture--delightful!

CJ said...

Vivian, another 45 minutes north up Hwy 5 and you would have been "home"! Well home to me anyway, LOL. That's beautiful country where you stayed.

Love Of Quilts said...

Lovely pictures. Trish

Fifi Flowers said...

FAB photos... I LOVE to fish!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

That's certainly one of Arkansas' most beautiful areas, but then I love all of north Arkansas. :) Isn't it funny how not having cell coverage bothers us now when "once upon a time" we wouldn't have thought of having contact for days or even weeks at a time! blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

What a wonderful inspirational and sublime place to sit, and drift, Fish and float and just reflect on life. It just looks so tranquil. Lucky you.
I live on the west coast in Newport, Oregon and we do have a lot of beautiful areas here too but that just looks like a wonderful place to lay down and dream a summers dream in the sunshine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails